It is important to learn new things! You should adapt as per the requirements of the time especially when the times are tough and situations are challenging.
Let’s talk about Corona Virus. Remember how great your life had been? Now you know the importance of your normal routine. Before all this, it might be boring for you but now you know how vital it was! Thus, you might have learned a thing or two from this situation.
Eating For Survival
When it comes to survival, you might consider the Charles Darwin theory that talks about the survival of the fittest.
- If you are maintaining a healthy lifestyle, it would be easy to stay healthy.
- You should exercise and eat a balanced diet.
- Make sure you are taking the essential vitamins and minerals.
- You have to arrange for freshwater. If you are in a country where fresh water is easily available, then survival would become a lot manageable.
Do you remember walking dad? Castaway? The Martian? Now, all such dramas and movies were fascinating to watch but have you ever wondered that such stories can teach you a lot about survival?
Learning Skills For Survival
It is important to learn the basic life skills that can help you survive. People who are able to adapt to the changing times are smart. Plus, some people are lucky! However, it is a good idea to prepare for the worst-case scenarios and hope for the best!
- Make sure you learn swimming if you don’t know!
- You should learn gardening. It is important that you can grow your own food. If you are able to grow your own vegetables and fruits, you can feel a sense of relief.
- Hunting is another skill that was quite common in the past. If you’ve watched Game of Thrones, then you would know how everyone was working on survival and on food.
- You can learn fishing! It can be a great source of food. However, imagining such a world is quite tough! But this is life and anything is possible.
Basically, the purpose of learning all such skills is to get a sense of relief. Sometimes things are not in your control and you cannot control a situation. But what you can do is control your thoughts and emotions!
Prepare An Emergency Kit
Remember how you used to practice for the Earthquake or fire! There must be an emergency kit ready for such situations. It is an interesting thing about humans. They learn from the mistakes and experiences of others and prepare themselves accordingly.
Consider the following:
- Prepare an emergency kit for such a situation where survival becomes essential.
- You can search for what to put in your kit, for example, non-perishable food items, water, a picture of your family, and a lot more!
- Add a torch and maybe a portable radio.
- You can search for the ready-made kits available online and get the most affordable one.
It is always smart to prepare yourself for the worst of times. However, you should always keep your thoughts positive and your mind should be focused on the better. But being human it is important to prepare yourself as per the requirement of the time.
Following The Rules
It is important to follow the rules. You have to see and keep an eye on the recommendations by the World Health Organization. You can also keep a radio in your emergency kit.
Consider the following:
- It is important that you are maintaining cleanliness around you and your surroundings.
- Keep yourself clean and wash your hands!
- Make sure you are maintaining the social distance.
- It is important to keep an eye on what rules are important to follow. Plus, you should not violate the rules or take things lightly.
- Plus, it is also important not to be too stressed about the current situation and creating panic among the people.
People who follow the rules and adapt to the relevant changes are smart. It is always better to be smart and take action at the right time.
Reading The Books
Read life-changing books and at times like this, it would be best to read books that can teach you the basics of surviving! For example, The SAS Survival Handbook can come in quite handy! You can also read many other self-help books. Check out your local library app and see if they have an electronic copy of the books! No matter what you plan on doing, stay safe!
Adapting To The Lifestyle
It is important to adapt to the lifestyle. You have to be flexible or strong enough so that you can adjust as per the requirements of the time. It appears that during COVID-19 you are asked to stay at home. So, you should!
Consider the following:
- Make a routine. You can wake up kids in the morning as you used to for school. For example, at 8:00 am in the morning.
- Then, you can enjoy breakfast from 8:00 am to 8:30 am.
- Then, your kids can start studying, have a snack, and some playtime inside the house from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm.
- Then you can give them lunch and have it too! From 1:00 pm to 1.30 pm.
- Then, you can have some family time and at 7:00 pm put the kids to bed.
You can make your own routine based on your own schedule and requirements. Make sure you are following the routine like a normal day and are consistent about it.
Wrapping It Up
It is quite interesting to see how the world has changed in just a short time. The pandemic has taught many lessons to everyone. It is now time to prepare yourself for any kind of situation. Even if you have not been a huge fan of such things, it is a good idea to get the basic life skills and learn to cook, fish, grow fruits, vegetables, and so much more! Let’s hope for a quick solution and prepare ourselves for anything.